Brighton defender Dan Burn has more Dream Team points than Christian Eriksen and Paul Pogba combined so far this season.
Yes, you’ve read that correctly.
Burn, who plays in a Brighton side that has won just once since the opening day of the season, is on 22 points.
Meanwhile, Eriksen (11) and Pogba (7), both known for their creativity and goals from midfield, are lagging behind.
Burn has played every minute of Brighton’s Premier League campaign so far, forming a back-three partnership with Lewis Dunk and Adam Webster.
Valued at just £2.2million on Dream Team, the 6ft 7ins centre-back is a bargain, especially considering Brighton have kept the joint-most clean sheets (3) in the top-flight this term.
Despite his promising start to the season, Burn has been picked by zero per cent of Dream Team players, so he represents a fantastic differential pick.
Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen, who have been part of a Tottenham back-four that has conceded 10 goals in their past two games, are more popular selections than Burn on Dream Team.
Manchester United duo Aaron Wan-Bissaka (18) and the world’s most expensive defender Harry Maguire (19) also have less points than Burn.
Further up the pitch, Crystal Palace ace Wilfried Zaha, who was linked with a big-money move to Everton in the summer, has scored 21 points.
The Premier League stars who have less Dream Team points than Dan Burn
- Wilfried Zaha – £3.1m – 21 points – selected by 7.1 per cent of players
- Harry Maguire – £3.5m – 19 points – selected by 31.3 per cent of players
- David Luiz – £2.8m – 19 points – selected by 4.5 per cent of players
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka – £3.4million – 18 points – selected by 20.3 per cent of players
- Cesar Azpilicueta – £2.7m – 17 points – selected by 6.6 per cent of players
- Christian Eriksen – £3.7m – 11 points – selected by 5.5 per cent of players
- Joe Gomez – £3.3m – 9 points – selected by 2.1 per cent of players
- Paul Pogba – £4.1m – 7 points – selected by 7.1 per cent of players
- Luke Shaw – £2.8m – 7 points – selected by 2 per cent of players
- Toby Alderweireld – £2.8m – 1 point – selected by 4.9 per cent of players
- Jan Vertonghen – £3.5m – minus 1 point – selected by 3.4 per cent of players
Burn could pick up more points in the next four gameweeks when Brighton take on Aston Villa (A), Everton (H), Norwich (H) and Manchester United (A).
Villa and Norwich are likely to be embroiled in a relegation battle this season, while Everton and United are struggling to score goals, which could result in more clean sheet points for Burn.
No one would have predicted the 27-year-old would have more points than these Premier League stars at this stage of the season given he was on loan at Wigan in the Championship last term.
But Burn is proving that he could be a solid pick for Dream Team managers moving forward.