talkSPORT.com rounds up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from Tuesday’s papers and online…

Liverpool have sent scouts to watch Ugurcan Cakir, the Trabzonspor and Turkey goalkeeper who has been linked with a move to Anfield since the summer. Cakir, 23, was watched in action against Galatasaray on Sunday, almost keeping a clean sheet before Yuto Nagatomo scored a late equaliser to rescue a point for Gala with 1-1 draw. Liverpool face competition for Cakir, however, as Juventus and two other unnamed European clubs are understood to be keeping tabs on the highly-rated glovesman. (Mirror)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has allegedly agreed a deal to join Milan as he decides to continue his career in Europe. Ibrahimovic, the legendary Sweden forward, left LA Galaxy at the end of the MLS season and has been linked with a host of top clubs throughout the continent. However, he has put pen to paper with one of his former clubs, Milan, seven years after leaving the Rossoneri for Paris Saint-Germain. – FULL STORY

Juventus want to raid Chelsea for THREE players when the transfer window reopens in January, according to reports in Italy. Maurizio Sarri, the former Blues boss, is keen on adding left-back Emerson and wingers Willian and Pedro to his squad in Italy. (Calciomercato)

Mauricio Pochettino is on the hunt for his next club and is willing to ‘listen to new projects’ less than a fortnight after being sacked by Tottenham. The Argentine intends to take charge of another European team and he says there are ‘a lot of clubs and attractive projects’ he could join. – FULL STORY


Manchester United and Arsenal have added Atlanta United winger Ezequiel Barco to their transfer shortlists following his excellent two-season spell in MLS. Barco, 20, joined Atlanta last year and he’s scored nine goals since then, also adding nine assists, and he is now eyeing up a move to Europe. The Argentine youngster is able to play anywhere along the front line, and two of the clubs said to be taking notice of him are Arsenal and United. (Calciomercato)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to be fearing the sack due to Manchester United’s dreadful run of form, with Jason Cundy saying the club are ‘sleepwalking into mediocrity’ under the Norwegian. Solskjaer has allegedly told his players he will lose his job if the Red Devils lose to Spurs and Man City this week, but Cundy thinks Old Trafford chiefs have waited too long to make such a decision – claiming Solskjaer should have been axed last season. – FULL STORY

Arsenal have identified 12 possible candidates to become their new manager with Freddie Ljungberg to take charge of his second game as interim head coach this week. Brendan Rodgers, Mauricio Pochettino and Mikel Arteta are all on the Gunners’ shortlist as they eye up Unai Emery’s long-term successor for the Emirates dugout. (Mirror)

LIVE on talkSPORT

Check out all the live commentaries coming up across our network this week…

  • Millwall vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 19:45) – talkSPORT 2
  • Everton vs Chelsea (Saturday, 12:30) – talkSPORT
  • Huddersfield vs Leeds (Saturday, 12:30) – talkSPORT 2
  • Tottenham vs Burnley (Saturday 15:00) – talkSPORT 2
  • Manchester City vs Manchester United (Saturday, 17:30) – talkSPORT
  • West Brom vs Swansea (Sunday, 12:00) – talkSPORT 2

Liverpool’s plans to bid for Sander Berge, the Norway midfielder, could be pushed forward to the January transfer window in the wake of Fabinho suffering an injury that will keep him out until next year. Berge, 21, is highly-rated throughout Europe, and he’s expected to leave current club Genk next summer if Liverpool fail to get a deal over the line next month. (Mirror)

West Ham aim to make three new signings during the January transfer window as Manuel Pellegrini looks to push the Hammers up the Premier League table. The east Londoners hope to sign a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a striker next month, with contact allegedly already made between West Ham and Chuba Akpom, the former Arsenal forward currently playing for PAOK in Greece. (Star)

talkSPORT host Alan Brazil slammed the ‘clowns’ for voted for this year’s Ballon d’Or as they failed to include Man City and England forward Raheem Sterling in the top ten. Lionel Messi won the honour to claim a record sixth Ballon d’Or, with the Barcelona superstar beating Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk to the crown. – FULL STORY

Ballon d’Or nomination ‘special’ for a defender, says Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here