The rivalry shared between football fans is like no other and can border on the hilarious to downright ridiculous.
With the game evolving into the technological and sometimes overly-analysed spectacle we see today, so too has the level of pettiness we see from both footballers and their fans.
No longer are supporters content with just an offensive chant or a humorous banner, some will go that extra mile – or in this case miles – to make a point.
Having seen his beloved Toon Army beat Everton 3-2 in March, one jubilant Geordie just couldn’t wait to mock one of his Toffee-loving pals.
Having failed to get a response from his countless messages to the Evertonian in question, he decided to drive 110 miles to his house to laugh at him outside his own home!
The video below went viral and has now resulted in French football title L’Equipe awarding the Newcastle prankster their ‘Fan of the Year’ prize.
Newcastle and Everton are yet to meet this season, but will do in a matter of weeks when the Toffees travel to St James’ Park on December 28.
Should Everton leave with three points, it will be interesting to see if the derided fan returns the favour!
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across our network this week…
- Millwall vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 19:45) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Chelsea (Saturday, 12:30) – talkSPORT
- Huddersfield vs Leeds (Saturday, 12:30) – talkSPORT 2
- Tottenham vs Burnley (Saturday 15:00) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Manchester United (Saturday, 17:30) – talkSPORT
- West Brom vs Swansea (Sunday, 12:00) – talkSPORT 2