Arsenal became the laughing stock of the Premier League on Monday night, as a Sheffield United fan told talkSPORT the Blades ‘faced tougher tests in the Championship’ than Unai Emery’s team.
The Gunners had the chance to move up to third in the table but instead suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to the top flight new boys.
But the result came as no surprise to United fan Rob, who said he and his fellow Blades fully expected their team to beat the Londoners.
And he really rubbed salt into their wounds by claiming the game ‘felt like playing Ipswich or Wigan’. Ouch!
It’s the latest dreadful result away from home for the Gunners, who haven’t won on the road since the opening weekend of the new season.
And it has prompted fans and pundits to question if Emery has actually improved the team since replacing Arsene Wenger last summer, with Jamie Carragher arguing that they might even have got worse.
Has it really got that bad for Arsenal?
Speaking on Monday night’s Sports Bar, Rob the Blade said: “I think a lot of Sheffield United fans actually expected to win that, and it’s not even that much of a shock that we have to be honest.
“We had more tests in the Championship than that.
“I genuinely felt like we were playing someone like Ipswich or Wigan at home, I’m not even joking.
“I wouldn’t say Arsenal were that bad, it just sort of felt like a comfortable home match.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Preston vs Leeds (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Ajax vs Chelsea (Wednesday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Nottingham Forest vs Hull (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Genk vs Liverpool (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Partizan Belgrade vs Manchester United (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Sheffield Wednesday vs Leeds (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- West Ham vs Sheffield United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Burnley vs Chelsea (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
“We were 1-0 up, they weren’t really offering anything up front and we looked solid at the back.
“Genuinely, it felt like a Championship game for us.”